I am a licensed Marriage and Family therapist (LMFT), specializing in individual, pre-marital, couples and family therapy, and I maintain a private practice at 1460 Walton Blvd., Suite 224, Rochester Hills, Mi.
With over 4 years experience as a marriage and family therapist, 30 years as an Organization Development Psychologist, and completion of doctoral studies in Family Therapy, I am currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of client needs. Learn more about the situations I specialize in by clicking this link: Areas of Specialty.
In addition to being a relationship therapist, I have presented at National conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of Gottman marriage therapy, assessment and evaluation, leadership education, and learning organizations.
My therapeutic approach with couples and families is to provide support and practical feedback to help them effectively address challenges and concerns. I integrate complementary therapeutic methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. The therapeutic methods I draw from in working with families and couples may include:
- Family of origin work
- Systemic family therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Emotionally focused therapy
- Gottman marriage therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution focused therapy
With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual, couple, and family to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing to restore their well-being.
- B.S. Abilene Christian University. Clinical psychology
- M.Ed. Wayne State University, Instructional Technology and Performance Improvement
- D.Min. Amridge University, Family Therapy and Leadership
License & Certifications
- Licensed MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist) in the state of Michigan
- Trained in Gottman marriage therapy
- Authorized presenter of PREP workshop
- Authorized presenter of Gottman family therapy workshop
- Authorized presenter for Prepare and Enrich workshop
- Certified to administer the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator, Prepare and Enrich survey, DISC, Strong Campbell Vocational Interest survey.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)